Applied Science BTEC Level 3 Subsidudary Diploma
Welcome to Science in De La Salle Sixth Year!
Its time to get serious about Science and start building on what you learned at GCSE - so you're going to have a busy time this year. We'll make sure you are well prepared and this page will help. On it you will find useful links to resources and past papers which you can download and use.
What will I do on this course?
The course aims to teach you scientific principles and how to work in a laboratory situation with both chemicals and live organisms. This is a practically based course with the underpinning scientific theory being taught at an academic level. To analyse your results from your practical work successfully you will require good mathematical skills. Through your studies you will study a wide variety of scientific areas including analytical techniques; studying rates of reaction and model changes using IT; breeding and monitoring genetic changes in live organisms and building and proving your own colorimeter to measure concentration of unknown solutions.
1. Forces and their effects
2. The kenetic energy of objects speeding up or slowing down
3. Currents in electrical circuits
4. Using mains electricity safetly and the power of electrical appliances
5. What happens when radioactive substances decay, and the used and dangers of their emissions
6. Nuclear fission and nuclear fusion
Other Resources & Websites
Controlled Assessment Examples